Thursday, February 5, 2009

thing 1-B

students are so tuned into the social aspect of the technology that it is easier to engage their interest in projects using technology. the professional advantages of web2.0 are obviously the wide variety of ideas that are made available to address my needs. a new way to teach a particular topic is likely to be found when i can network with other teachers around the world. i can see an advantage to learning how teachers in other places approach some of the same issues such as standardized testing.

4 comments:

  1. You've hit on a great point about Web 2.0, and that's the networking aspect of it. I live for what I learn from my network and I couldn't imagine my job now without it (and the hundreds of people that make up my network)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lily,

    I agree about the social aspect. I think that is what of the great things we need to tap into as classroom teachers is to pull in that social aspect of technology to help promote our classroom outside the 7:45-2:25 time frame. Let them see how thinking doesn't stop just at the end of the day at school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree Lily. I am amazed at how my own children will respond at home when using interactive web tools!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm...now that might just be a big clue to how I can reach parents of our students through Web 2.0. The social aspect is not as prevalent with them yet (except that hundreds of us are flocking to Facebook now!) so we might start in a different way to appeal to them. I need to think about that some more. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete