Monday, April 20, 2009

thing 6

I have been using diigo for a year or so, ever since Caroline came to my school and gave us all a lesson on using it.  It took me a few more steps to get everything listed on my macbook, don't know why, but it is all okay now.  http://www.diigo.com/user/lilypage  I have previously used it to research new approaches to lessons and to find templates for some of the more mundane tasks teachers must do, such as lesson plans.  So now I have a simple but effective lesson plan template.  Today while looking on the PBS teacher site, I saw these great Activity packs.  There are multiple subject areas, and they can be added to class web pages easily as embedded media.  I liked the one on earth day and added it to my class homepage.  The tags make it easier to sort through information, although sometimes when I add tags I wonder if I am seeing only the hot word that I am interested in and not other relevant topics that would apply.  It seems to be easy to forget to add quotation marks for more than one word tags.....and that gets very weird.

2 comments:

  1. Instead of using quotes to combine tags, I tend to just squish them together. I do have some that I use quotes with, but for me it's typically a matter of that I'm too lazy to use quotes!!

    No matter which approach you choose, it's always a good practice to go back and check your tag library periodically to "clean" things up a bit, especially if you haven't been consistent. In fact, I need to do that right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea, I can clear out those strange ones that will seem very cryptic.....

    ReplyDelete