Monday, June 22, 2009

23 incomplete things

Well, I didn't finish the 23 things course. There was so much and i really have enjoyed what i did get around to doing. I have expanded my use of the internet and of course, web2.01! The reader subscriptions are great resources and the blogs have been used in my classroom already. My students loved the class blog and some are still updating, they wanted to leave the blog up for them to post next year. It remains to be seen if they will actually post once they get to middle school. The use of videos online is good. My continuing problem with using my class in videos and photos is that some students have a "no photo" request from their parents. Putting elementary students pictures on the internet is still and issue with parents, and i do somewhat agree. So all in all i have learned lots, but still have one of my original problems.

2 comments:

  1. Although you weren't able to finish, it's still great to hear that you not only took things away from the course but you're applying them! That's very encouraging in itself.

    As for the photo issue, sometimes you can use avatars in the place of children's photos, which is something that I recommend regardless, especially if they want to upload a photo of themselves for their profile picture. Sometimes, using face masks is a great way of still getting that student on film and hearing their voice without showing their identity. The kids could even make their own masks. Just a thought, but perhaps something the parents might be amendable to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Caroline, those are good suggestions. I am getting ready to start this year's class blog. I hope this class gets into it like last year's class.

    ReplyDelete